latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment declined paypal pro form

Home Forums Community Forum Payment declined paypal pro form

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 6:50 am #34635
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

Hello.

We have set up our website and bought s2member pro, to be able to let people stay on our website during payment.
Today we conducted a trial buy with a VISA card.

We get this error:

Error #10565. Merchant country unsupported. The merchant country is not supported.

You can see our payment page here.

Were based in Denmark, and we are using the paypal website payments standard plan which allows us to accept payments directly on a website. This must be the danish version of Paypal Pro?

Read about Website Payments Standard.

Of course, it is in danish, but you can use google page translate or similar.

We need support on this matter fast.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Ronnie.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 7:25 am #34644
Ronnie

Doing a bit of research on my own, I found this case amongst others:

I have gotten the notion that s2member does not support the european edition of paypal pro?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Ronnie.
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:03 am #34666
Ronnie

Bump!

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #34708
Ronnie

Hmm.. Does support avoid my request on purpose? ;)

Bumping again!

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 8:21 pm #34722
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ronnie,

It’s not that they’re avoiding it, rather your bumps are making it go more down the list, they read them in the order in which they come in, oldest first, with your bumps you’re making it new over and over again. So yeah, that’s it. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:13 am #34816

Hi Ronnie.

s2Member supports PayPal Pro, it’s not about what country it’s in. If PayPal Pro is available in a country, s2Member will work with it. s2Member supports PayPal Pro and PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition.

What could be the problem is that you think you have PayPal Pro when you actually don’t. I see that it sayd that PayPal Standard is to get paid on your site, but everywhere else PayPal Standard is the free service that uses PayPal buttons and the checkout happens on their site, not yours.

It’d be best if you contacted PayPal DK to confirm what type of account you have and to upgrade to PayPal Pro if you don’t have it yet. Just be careful with PayFlow Pro, since it’s a similar name, but a different service that’s not supported by s2Member yet.

Let us know what they say. :)

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:20 am #34817

By the way, in your pro-form, when I selected one of the cards, the fields for it were not shown. Only the Solo card had them show, but I wonder if you have that card available in your country. Anyway, you may be having a JS problem there, and I’d test if the theme or another plugin is causing it. Could you try the suggestions in this article for those? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 7:56 am #34832
Ronnie

s2Member supports PayPal Pro, it’s not about what country it’s in. If PayPal Pro is available in a country, s2Member will work with it. s2Member supports PayPal Pro and PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition.

I have investigated this matter with PayPal in Denmark and the U.S.
PayPal Pro is only available in a few countries, in fact only a couple. This is the reason why S2member pro is not working. You can only register for PayPal Pro if you have a U.S. bank account, U.S. issued credit card, U.S. adress etc – in other words, completely useless for residents outside the U.S.

In the rest of the world, there is a “PayPal Pro” but its called Paypal Website Payments. This is a feature that allows you to to the exact same thing as S2Member Pro – accept payments directly on your website, which UNDISPUTEDLY is the major factor to buy your product and not just use your free edition – in other words, your product is not adviseable to the rest of the worlds 6 billion people. S2member should need to look into this matter – fast, and create/combine a version for non U.S. paypal customers who can only Paypal Website Payments to accept payments directly on their website!

What could be the problem is that you think you have PayPal Pro when you actually don’t. I see that it sayd that PayPal Standard is to get paid on your site, but everywhere else PayPal Standard is the free service that uses PayPal buttons and the checkout happens on their site, not yours.

Thats correct, I dont have Paypal Pro and can never get it :(. Dont confuse my use of the term standard as I am not referring to PayPal standard, but to Paypal Website Payments, in cette question i stated that Paypal Website Payments is the standard plan to accept payments directly on your own website for the “rest of us”.

It’d be best if you contacted PayPal DK to confirm what type of account you have and to upgrade to PayPal Pro if you don’t have it yet. Just be careful with PayFlow Pro, since it’s a similar name, but a different service that’s not supported by s2Member yet.

Its hereby done, and explained as best as I can above :)

By the way, in your pro-form, when I selected one of the cards, the fields for it were not shown. Only the Solo card had them show, but I wonder if you have that card available in your country. Anyway, you may be having a JS problem there, and I’d test if the theme or another plugin is causing it. Could you try the suggestions in this article for those?

My “workaround” to make s2member Pro forms use Paypal as an Express checkout was to make a shortcode like this:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Uden abonnement / 59,- for 30 døgn" ps="XXXX" lc="" cc="DKK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="XXXXXX" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

You may notice that I removed the accept=”paypal, etc” statement and replaced it with the accept_via_paypal=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro” statement. This sends my clients to an express checkout page on Paypal, where they can type in credit card number etc. This cannot be done with your free edition paypal buttons only. If I use paypal buttons, my clients are sent to a paypal create account/log in to account page, without the opportunity to pay with checkout express.

So, my solution is a subscription info page, where i have created custom buttons that sends the client onwards to another payment page like this that hosts the actual pro forms (this is because i am using several s2 member levels depending on the subscription they want, and having 3 pro forms on 1 page looks absolutely horrible).

As you can also see in my accept_via_paypal statement, I have NO solo statement, and I am wondering WHY its showing. I would like to get assistance asap on that matter, as I believe its a shortcode error caused by not having the accept=”” statement included in my shortcode?!

During my research I have found other customers with the same issue:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/confused-with-paypal-pro/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/error-10565-merchant-country-unsupported-2/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/error-10565-merchant-country-unsupported/

Thus, I do believe you have a fair idea about whats going on when I initially posted my error in the first post.

I didnt read anywhere, when i bought this software that Paypal Pro is only supported by U.S. PayPal customers.
I did how ever read that you, even though you have a “no questions asked” return policy if not happy with the product – you state that you do not refund digital goods etc. Which means im pretty much screwed untill you develop s2member pro to work with the rest of the globe :) – Which you should, cause its pretty dumb not to.. Youre losing the money you didnt earn, and why? You have already proved with S2member Pro that you have the necessary skills to develop it, so there is actually no reason NOT to! Im looking forward to being able to use S2member with Paypal Website Payments!

Please forward this post to lead developers as I hope it will inspire them! :)

Dont forget to help me resolve my Solo issue, and have a very merry white christmas :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:51 am #34905

You may notice that I removed the accept=”paypal, etc” statement and replaced it with the accept_via_paypal=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro” statement.

I recommend that you try this [hilite mono]accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal"[/hilite] so the shortcode would be:

[[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Uden abonnement / 59,- for 30 døgn" ps="XXXX" lc="" cc="DKK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="XXXXXX" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="DK" captcha="0" /]]

So, my solution is a subscription info page, where i have created custom buttons that sends the client onwards to another payment page like this that hosts the actual pro forms (this is because i am using several s2 member levels depending on the subscription they want, and having 3 pro forms on 1 page looks absolutely horrible).

That solution was correct, that’s how we do it here in the Prices page too, not because of how multiple pro-forms in the same page look, but because they won’t work.

As you can also see in my accept_via_paypal statement, I have NO solo statement, and I am wondering WHY its showing. I would like to get assistance asap on that matter, as I believe its a shortcode error caused by not having the accept=”” statement included in my shortcode?!

Probably due to the JavaScript conflict I mentioned you seem to have, which I noticed because the form doesn’t behave as expected when selecting the other cards. Please do the theme and plugins tests mentioned in this article to find which one is introducing the JS problem: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips.

I didnt read anywhere, when i bought this software that Paypal Pro is only supported by U.S. PayPal customers.

http://www.s2member.com/pro/#s2-features-paypal-pro

[note_box]
PayPal® Pro on-site credit card processing. Fully integrated with PayPal® Pro through PayPal® Pro APIs, including PayPal’s Recurring Billing API (highly recommended). Most popular for s2Member®. Available to merchants in these countries (as documented by PayPal®).
[/note_box]

I did how ever read that you, even though you have a “no questions asked” return policy if not happy with the product – you state that you do not refund digital goods etc.

We don’t have a “no questions asked” refund policy, could you point me to where you read that? This is our refund policy: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy.

Which means im pretty much screwed untill you develop s2member pro to work with the rest of the globe :) – Which you should, cause its pretty dumb not to.. Youre losing the money you didnt earn, and why? You have already proved with S2member Pro that you have the necessary skills to develop it, so there is actually no reason NOT to! Im looking forward to being able to use S2member with Paypal Website Payments!

Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on making more payment gateways available for the rest of the world, but don’t have a release date for it. For now, though, like you said, Express Checkout is an option you can use.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #34973
Ronnie

I recommend that you try this accept=”paypal” accept_via_paypal=”paypal” so the shortcode would be:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Uden abonnement / 59,- for 30 døgn" ps="XXXX" lc="" cc="DKK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="XXXXXX" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="DK" captcha="0" /]

If I use the accept=”paypal” the options to preselect a credit card, but the user is taken directly to express checkout.
This solves the SOLO issue as there is no preselecting :)

We don’t have a “no questions asked” refund policy, could you point me to where you read that? This is our refund policy: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy.

You are correct. It is the S3Flowshield plugin that offers 30 days return policy. I bought these two plugins the same day, so – my bad! :)
How ever, I read in another post that you actually did/do refund people who bought this and could not use it at all with Proforms, so a thumbs up for that! I will how ever keep the plugin and not ask for a refund, as the pro forms do have some, but very limited, functionality for non-paypal pro customers (i.e. I can use express checkout, and users can create their own credentials when signing up).

Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on making more payment gateways available for the rest of the world, but don’t have a release date for it. For now, though, like you said, Express Checkout is an option you can use.

Youre welcome. And like I said, Im looking forward to being able to use this for direct payment on our website – I can only hope its a priority with Jason and Co. to make this work with Paypal Website Payments etc.
I hope you also got something from this, as I am sure there will be other people like ourselves, who cannot get Paypal pro who will look for a solution. And the way I use the pro forms for express checkout is not the best in terms of ease of use for our customers, but it will suffice for now.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:31 am #35047

If I use the accept=”paypal” the options to preselect a credit card, but the user is taken directly to express checkout.
This solves the SOLO issue as there is no preselecting :)

Cool. :)

You are correct. It is the S3Flowshield plugin that offers 30 days return policy. I bought these two plugins the same day, so – my bad! :)
How ever, I read in another post that you actually did/do refund people who bought this and could not use it at all with Proforms, so a thumbs up for that! I will how ever keep the plugin and not ask for a refund, as the pro forms do have some, but very limited, functionality for non-paypal pro customers (i.e. I can use express checkout, and users can create their own credentials when signing up).

Got ya.

Youre welcome. And like I said, Im looking forward to being able to use this for direct payment on our website – I can only hope its a priority with Jason and Co. to make this work with Paypal Website Payments etc.
I hope you also got something from this, as I am sure there will be other people like ourselves, who cannot get Paypal pro who will look for a solution. And the way I use the pro forms for express checkout is not the best in terms of ease of use for our customers, but it will suffice for now.

Yes, it’s important. In 2013 we’ll finish developing the new generation of s2Member, which will include a new API for payment gateways that’ll make it much simpler and powerful to integrate with new ones, so we can give more options for everyone.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.