latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Express Checkout and subscriptions

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Express Checkout and subscriptions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am #20408
cassel
Username: cassel

I read that Paypal Express Checkout does not require the user to have a Paypal account. That is great. But it is limited to buy now and not subscription. I have a question now related to that. If i enable Paypal Express Checkout, will it be used with all the transaction on my site? If so, what happens if i have both types of products: buy now and subscription?

Or is there a way to use Paypal Express Checkout for some products and regular Paypal for the subscriptions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:57 am #20487
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

PayPal Express Checkout is not limited to Buy Now transactions: You can also use it to accept subscriptions. You’ll need to have that feature enabled on your PayPal account, so I recommend contacting PayPal to make sure that feature is there.

s2Member handles both Buy Now and Subscription transactions, so there’s nothing you need to do differently to use the same account for both types.

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:46 am #20498
cassel

I meant for using the pro-form without requiring a Paypal account. Jason had poste this in another thread:

Starting with s2Member Pro v120608:
http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v120608
It became possible for customers to checkout through PayPal Express Checkout, with ONLY a credit card, so long as the purchase does NOT include a trial period, or any recurring charges. In other words, it works with “Buy Now” purchases only.

That is what i was refering to.

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:40 am #20509

Hi Cassel.

I have a question now related to that. If i enable Paypal Express Checkout, will it be used with all the transaction on my site? If so, what happens if i have both types of products: buy now and subscription?

Or is there a way to use Paypal Express Checkout for some products and regular Paypal for the subscriptions?

No, you can use either one. You control that from the shortcode. If you use the shortcode for the pro-form with Express Checkout, or the shortcode for the PayPal Standard button. And in either one you can specify if it’s a subscription or a buy-now transaction with the [hilite mono]rr[/hilite] attribute.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

Does that help? :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 8:56 am #20526
cassel

Ah!!! Thanks. Yes, that would answer my question.
Now, just as an additional question, and it is only slightly related: i have another site, which is an online store in zencart. It is already configured to use the regular paypal. If i enable Paypal express checkout for my s2M site, will it affect the other site? My guess is no, since from your answer, it needs to be configured to a specific way to use the express checkout and if i dont change anything in my current store, the Paypal will be used the same way.
Could you confirm?

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:26 pm #20559
cassel

Ok, i might be blind, but i cannot find how to integrate Paypal Express Checkout. I find the page where it explains the features and such, but nowhere can i find any info on HOW to do it, or where.

Anyone with that info can point me to the right direction?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 7:39 am #20599

I just left a reply in your other topic on it. :)

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-express-checkout-and-s2member/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.