latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 Loads JS and CSS Very Slowly (IMG)

Home Forums Community Forum S2 Loads JS and CSS Very Slowly (IMG)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  TJ 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:06 pm #33951

Hi guys,

I’ve been working a lot lately to try to optimize my Multisite, and moved to MaxCDN for delivery… it’s awesome. I’m still hosting on Bluehost (which is hit and miss), but the last big issue with my speed across the network is S2member.

For some reason, it’s denying MaxCDN from caching it, and loads by itself, resulting in staggeringly slow comparative load times.

Here’s a pic of the speed test:

Let me know if you have any ideas. I’ve seen some other threads on the same subject, but without a definitive solution.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:06 pm #34054
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jordan,

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues.

s2Member recently went through a change to optimize the CSS/JS loading times (when the s2member-o.php file was introduced). s2Member does load CSS/JS dynamically from this file. However the CSS and JavScript is compressed and put into just a couple files. As you can see, s2Member’ files are packaged within 2 files on your setup.

The problems seems to be that these 2 files are quite large and therefore show up as outliers in your setup comparatively. Do you notice any performance issues while loading pages with s2Member, as opposed to loading without s2Member?

Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 6:47 am #34768
Andaluzo
Username: andaluzo

Hi,

i see here the same issues, is there any way to speed things up?

Btw. my js File is only 8,8 kb.

Also it seams that it is not the file size, it seams that the js took a lot of calculation before it delivers the content, we just have a loooong wait time until content is delivered.

What is the isseu that make s2 member so slow?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Andaluzo.
Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 1:12 pm #35505
Andaluzo
Username: andaluzo

Why we do not get any answer from the Developer Team?

The Performance Issue really affects me. Why the js. File is so slow on loading. I got nice values without having s2member activated but when it is running performance is not good.

Where is the Problem?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 1:25 pm #35508

I don’t think there IS a solution to this problem… I recently switched to wpengine for hosting, which helped my speeds a lot. S2member has a lot of features, which inevitably means it’s bloated. If you are looking for a light weight but very powerful delivery platform, I recommend Easy Digital Downloads. They are working on a membership method right now as well, but I use it, and they’ve got some great support.

I’m keeping S2m until another option comes along, but these js files are still the slowest loading files on my site. Hopefully they’ll find some other way to deliver them, instead of loading on every page.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 6:24 pm #35525
TJ
Username: wellwater

Are you loading s2member files on only the pages that need them (ie, checkout) or all pages (ie, home, blog, about us, etc)? If it’s the prior you can use a hook to remove them where they’re not needed. These two topics touch on this:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/remove-css-and-optimize-js/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/javascript-head-includes-move-to-footer/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.