latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal SSL Certificate Upgrade

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal SSL Certificate Upgrade

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 1:01 pm #53645

A few of my clients using s2Memeber have received the following e-mail:

In keeping with industry standards set by the Certification Authority/Browser (CA/B) Forum, PayPal will discontinue supporting 1024-bit key length certificates and will migrate to 2048-bit certificates before the end of 2013.
We have completed the installation of 2048-bit certificates for all API endpoints in our PayPal Sandbox and Payflow Pilot environments, and we will be doing the same for our production environments starting on August 6, 2013.
We strongly encourage merchants to thoroughly test any existing integration(s) in the PayPal Sandbox and/or Payflow Pilot environments to ensure this migration will not cause any unforeseen issues.
Please have the team or person responsible for your integration refer to the following:

If you need to import the new PayPal Sandbox and/or Payflow Pilot server certificates to your application or system truststore, you can download production and Sandbox certificates from https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/952.
If you don’t typically import the server certificates to your truststore, you can proceed with testing with no other action required.
If you have any questions, please contact PayPal Merchant Technical Services by filing a ticket; refer to PP-LIVE-3503. You may also visit our Live Site Status blog.

Is there anything that will need to be done within s2Member to accommodate these Paypal changes?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 9:12 pm #53698

I got the same thing, and was also going to post something here about it. Thanks for sharing Marco!

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:55 am #53729
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Yes, me too. Looking forward to receiving an answer…

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 3:41 am #53750
Jay Verlaine
Username: Jay

same for me, no answer ?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:28 pm #53902

Hi All.

We got the same email. Is there an official answer from s2member if this affects anything?

It does not look like it affects s2member customers, but I’d love to check with you guys first.

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 5:17 pm #54177
alancheuk
Username: alancheuk

I got this email too. Please let us know if we need to do anything to about this!

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:23 am #54234

This does not affect s2Member® customers because s2Member uses an API Signature and does not use any PayPal certificates. I’m surprised to see PayPal upgrading these actually, because not many services use that API integration method any longer. The API Signature that s2Member uses is simpler/cleaner.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.