latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to translate form labels

Home Forums Community Forum Translations Unable to translate form labels

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  David Landry 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 11:01 am #43706

First of all: thanks for a great plugin!

I have a small problem though that is driving me nuts: I’m unable to translate the field labels in any forms, only some of the fields gets their translation from the core WP files.

Here’s an example: http://www.multisense.it/de/wp-login.php?action=register

I’ve translated before other plugins or themes and I’m pretty confident I didn’t make any mistake with Poedit.

Of course I tried every suggestions I could find on this site (like this article that is frequently posted as an answer to similar problems: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-for-s2member-language-translation/).

I even tried using codestyle localization but I receive this error message: Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: s2member
Expect, that any text you translate will not occure as long as the textdomain is mismatching!
This is a coding issue at the source files you try to translate, please contact the original Author and explain this mismatch.

And this warning: Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files. The affected unknown textdomains are: (–> yes, no textdomain is shown… < –)

I'm on an English multisite WP 3.5.1 install with German and Italian languages set up.
I’ve tried to switch every plugin off and tested it with Twenty Ten to no avail.
Cleared browser cookies: ditto.

Any hint please?!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 9:04 am #44149
DHCS
Username: dhcs
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 5:23 pm #44425

Anyone on this?!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:38 am #45707

Matteo, the registration form is WordPress, not s2Member. I’m pretty sure that if you translate WordPress to German, those labels would be translated.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:33 am #45735
DHCS
Username: dhcs

I’m actually pretty sure his issue is valid as I have the same thing. I have a Dutch version of WordPress on my site and even there bits of the “s2member” form is in English.

It just seems that I cannot make s2member (or probably WordPress) take the Dutch language file for s2member. This Dutch file seems to have errors as Poedit states the original file has errors. Maybe WordPress just ignores the file all together because of this.

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:01 am #46682
fresatura
Username: fresatura

Same problem with french.
Affected labels are in the paypal-registration-form.php.
I installed a valid .po/.mo file, generously provided by Jean Michel Meyer,
all the strings that are missing on front-end are included in this file.
So this should work, but I am getting weird translations like:

Nouveau mot de passe ? (please type it twice)

Would be great if someone finds what goes wrong.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 7:19 am #49113

Hi,

I’ve got the same issue as fresatura, can’t make the profile field translate correctly. It work for everything except for the phrase between bracket for the password and the username.

I’ve check the PO files and translation is there.

Anybody got an answer, this plugins is great but useless if I have bilingual text.

Regards!

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 7:38 am #49114
fresatura
Username: fresatura
Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 11:05 pm #49177

Hi fresatura,

I’ve found a similar solution, I’ll try it!

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/translate-s2member-custom-fields-label/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.